Volunteers are key to the success of our families and programs at Samaritan House!
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors has legal responsibility for the management of the affairs of Samaritan House. Board members must ensure that the organization is operated for a charitable/public purpose and not for private benefit. They must keep the resources and efforts focused on the mission of the organization.
Each Samaritan House fundraiser has its own committee made up of dedicated and creative volunteers! Dancing with the Coastal Stars, the Afternoon Tea and the Gala Dinner and Auction are planned and executed by our team of amazing volunteers - and collectively raise almost $100,000 for our programs and services! Interested in serving on a fundraising committee? Please reach out via Facebook or call our office to get connected to committee that needs your skills and talents.
Board members are asked to:
- Participate in the management of the organization by attending monthly Board meetings, reading minutes, evaluating reports and reviewing the performance of the Executive Director.
- Approve the annual budget, review monthly financial statements, and ensure that the organization has adequate finances to accomplish its mission and appropriate internal accounting systems and controls.
- Raise funds for the organization through personal contributions of time and effort. Help with fundraising and make financial contributions when possible.
- Request sufficient information from staff so that prudent decisions can be made.
- Demonstrate loyalty to Samaritan House by promoting the organization’s mission and vision.
- Make full disclosure of any potential conflict of interest and act in a reasonable and prudent manner.
- Follow the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws of Samaritan House and adopt necessary policies to carry out the mission and ensure that funds are used for lawful purposes.
- Serve on at least two standing or ad hoc committees to further the mission and financial viability of Samaritan House.
- Participate in training sessions and educational opportunities.